All cancellations must be in writing (email or otherwise) and confirmed via email by Cycling Friends, LLC. Cycling Friends, LLC highly encourages participants to purchase trip cancellation insurance.
|Days Before Arrival||Cancellation Fee Per Participant*^|
|91 or more||$150 USD|
|90 – 61||Full Deposit|
|60 – 31||50% of Tour Price**|
|30 – 0||100% of Tour Price**|
* In cases where one participant in a double occupancy room cancels, if the canceling participant cannot find a replacement then they must also pay the advertised single supplement of the orphaned participant remaining in the room in addition to the cancelation costs listed above.
** Tour Price is the advertised tour price inclusive of any discounts applied.
^ Any costs associated with credit/debit card payment fees will also be assessed in addition to the cancellation fee stated above.
In the event a tour does not meet the minimum required participants to make the trip, as specified in the tour Cost/Admin section of the tour description, Cycling Friends, LLC reserves the right to cancel the trip. If a trip is cancelled full refunds will be provided less costs associated with credit/debit card payment fees.
If a substitute participant can be found by the canceling participant then 100% of monies paid by the canceling participant will be refunded less the $150 USD cancellation fee. Recruiting and securing substitute participant(s) are the responsibility of the canceling participant and not Cycling Friends, LLC although we will provide assistance by working with the canceling participant to share wait list registrants if applicable but cannot guarantee a suitable replacement will be found. Refunds will be made to the canceling participant a reasonable time after conclusion of the tour, usually within one month.
RIDE PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITY
By paying your deposit and completing the registration forms, you certify your agreement to the following participant responsibilities:
- Successful tours with Cycling Friends, LLC depend on participants providing some of their own support.
- As stated previously, our tours do not provide an official support vehicle and it will be the responsibility of the participant to make their way back to the hotel in the event they are stranded. However, Cycling Friends, LLC will, where reasonable, make every attempt to help the participant return safely back to the hotel.
- Participants are expected to come to the ride well trained, in good health and ready to accomplish the required daily riding using well-maintained bicycles.
- All participants should accept responsibility for a safe and enjoyable tour.
- We encourage you to read the ride description carefully and respond to requests from the Ride Director and/or Ride Co-Director.
- Please do not interfere with the ride by inviting non-participants onto any portion of the tour as they will be asked to leave. Refusal will result in the participants and their invitees being told to leave the tour and room and all other charges associated with the hotel and the remainder of the tour will be transferred to the participants personally. Any remaining monies that have been paid for the tour will be forfeited.
- Please keep the Ride Director and/or Ride Co-Director informed of any special request you may have and respect their decisions.
- Participants warrant they do not have any physical conditions or disabilities that are a hazard either to them or to other participants.
- Participants warrant they have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates and vaccinations required for travel.
- Participants, prior to departure, should read all pre-trip materials about clothing, medical requirements and any culture-specific etiquette.
- Participants warrant to respect the laws and customs of countries visited.
- Participants, in accordance with Ride Director and/or Co-Ride Director direction, will follow environmental guidelines and regulations while on the tour.
- Participants must understand that Ride Director and/or Ride Co-Director may be required to improvise and use reasonable discretion in making decisions and that these decisions may not always please everyone.
- Participants must understand that Cycling Friends, LLC reserves the right to refuse service to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow participants. Cycling Friends, LLC may ask a participant or participants to leave the tour if it is found that participant(s) may prove detrimental to the participant or the other participants as a whole.
- Participants must understand that access to medical facilities and evacuation services may be limited.
- Participants must understand that weather is variable and may change quickly and become hazardous.
- Participants are expected to drink alcohol responsibly.
By registering for our tour, you agree Cycling Friends, LLC may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that you send to us or that are taken by our Ride Leaders and/or fellow participants of you individually or in a group in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, Internet, free of charge and without your right to inspection, for purposes of promoting and publicizing our tours. However, if you prefer to not allow us to use images of you taken by our Ride Director and/or Ride Co-Director or other participants during the tour then you must inform us in writing at the beginning of the tour.
CYCLING FRIENDS, LLC
RIDE APPLICATION WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK and INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any related CYCLING FRIENDS, LLC Tour, Program, Related Events and Activities (collectively the “Event”), the undersigned, for myself, my personal representatives, heirs, spouse, parents, siblings, and children hereby acknowledges, understands and agrees to the following:
1. I acknowledge and agree that riding bicycles on roads and highways and my participation in this Event bears certain inherent known and unknown risks which could result in injury, death, illness, disease, or damage to me, to my property, or to other parties. Inherent Risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, my physical condition, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including participants, volunteers, spectators, and/or the Released Parties (as defined below). I acknowledge that the Released Parties have made no representations or guarantees as to the safety of the Event to me, and that I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, whether known or unknown.
2. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, next of kin, successors, executors, administrators, assigns and legal representatives VOLUNTARILY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY CYCLING FRIENDS, LLC (a Colorado Limited Liability Corporation), its Owners, contracted laborers, other participants or volunteers in the Event, sponsors or advertisers of the Event, and all officers, agents, volunteers, contractors, and employees of each of the foregoing persons or entities, all of whom shall collectively be referred to as the “Released Parties,” or individually as a “Released Party,” from any and all liability, claims, demands, or actions for any injury or death to me, for injury to my property, or for which I may be liable to others, which are in any way connected with my participation in the Event. I AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THIS RIDE APPLICATION, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED BROADLY TO EXTEND TO ALL CLAIMED WRONGFUL ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE NEGLIGENCE OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES.
IN ADDITION TO THE FOREGOING, AND IN CONSIDERATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF MY APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT NAMED BELOW, I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
3. I am an experienced touring cyclist over 18 years of age. I have reviewed the description of the Tour and I am familiar with the risks of bicycling. I hereby represent that I am physically capable of participating in this Event, that my bicycle and any other equipment I may use to participate in the Event is in good working condition, that I will observe all applicable traffic laws and Event rules, that I shall wear a helmet that meets or exceeds US ANSI or SNELL bicycle helmet safety standards, obey all pertinent traffic laws and the directions of all traffic control personnel, carry adequate drinking water, use appropriate hand signals when turning, be equipped with proper lighting if riding between sunset and sunrise, and generally conduct myself in a safe and prudent manner while participating in the Event.
4. The Ride Leader (aka Ride Director) has complete authority for the ride including the right to refuse any application. The Ride Leader/Director has discretion to select a recommended route. Road conditions and signage may have changed since the ride was planned and adherence to the recommended route does not guarantee safe riding or security from theft or assault. I am free to choose another route if I wish. I will be riding independently, without supervision or observation and no one is responsible for warning me of common or special hazards. I am responsible for observing and adapting to all traffic conditions, signage and surface conditions.
5. CYCLING FRIENDS, LLC, Ride Leader/Director, and other Released Parties are not responsible for rendering or summoning first aid or medical assistance if I should be injured or become ill. However, if I am injured or if I become ill and need assistance I agree that any assistance that such person(s) may provide is as a volunteer with no first aid or medical training. If I am injured or become ill, I agree to rely upon local emergency resources, in the same manner as if I were traveling independently. I understand that I am responsible for all medical expenses and that I should have my own medical insurance, including coverage for medical evacuation. I hereby consent to receive emergency medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness while participating in the Event.
6. I will bring my bicycle or rent one for the tour and will be responsible for maintaining it and repairing it as necessary. If the Ride Leader/Director or any other club member assists me with inspecting or repairing my bicycle, they do so as volunteers with no special expertise at inspecting or repairing bicycles. If I borrow tools or am provided with bicycle tubes, tires or parts, I am solely responsible for their use and neither CYCLING FRIENDS, LLC nor the Ride Leader/Director are responsible for the condition of, or for inspecting or warning of defects in tubes, tires or parts.
7. Cooperation is the basis of successful rides, and I will do everything within reason that the Ride Leader/Director requests. If my conduct during the ride is unacceptable to the Ride Leader/Director, the Ride Leader/Director has the right to require me to leave the group with no refund of any monies paid.
8. APPLICABLE LAW and SEVERABILITY: ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN MYSELF AND RELEASED PARTIES, ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT AS WELL AS ANY DISPUTE CONCERNING THE VALIDITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS DOCUMENT, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE PROCEDURAL AND SUBSTANTIVE LAWS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO AND THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION SHALL RESIDE IN COURTS OF THE STATE OF COLORADO. IT IS FURTHER AGREED THAT IF ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT IS DETERMINED TO BE VOID OR FOR ANY REASON UNENFORCEABLE THEN THAT PROVISION SHALL BE DEEMED SEVERABLE FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY AND ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY REMAINING PROVISIONS.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE, OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME, AND I INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
I HAVE NOT RELIED UPON ANY ADVICE OR INPUT OF ANY RELEASED PARTY CONCERNING THE INTERPRETATION OR EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT. I FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT NO RELEASED PARTY HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE INTERPRETATION OR EFFECT OF THIS AGREEMENT, OR TO VERBALLY LIMIT OR MODIFY ANY OF ITS TERMS.
________________________________________________________ Tour Name
________________________________________________________Name (please print): Participant 1
________________________________________________________Name (please print): Participant 2
________________________ Tour Start Date
________________________ Date Signed
________________________ Date Signed
Last Revision – 11/14/18